Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic could miss Friday’s Premier League game against Wolverhampton Wanderers, reports the Evening Standard.
The Serbian international missed Saturday’s narrow win over Brighton & Hove Albion due to a hamstring injury.
Fulham manager Marco Silva has confirmed that Mitrovic is doubtful for the Wolves match. The Craven Cottage club struggled without the 28-year-old in their hard-fought win.
They managed just two shots on target against the Seagulls. Fulham were blunt in attack and can count themselves lucky to have left Amex Stadium with all three points.
Manor Solomon’s 88th-minute goal made all the difference for the London club.
They play Leeds United in the fifth round of the FA Cup next Tuesday and could do with Mitrovic.
The former Newcastle United striker has bagged 11 goals and one assist in 19 league games this term.
Fulham are sixth in the Premier League after an impressive campaign which has yielded 11 wins and five draws in 24 games.
However, Brighton, Liverpool and Brentford are breathing down their necks, with only three points separating Silva’s side from them.
The Seagulls and the Reds have two games in hand, while the Bees have played a game less than Fulham.
They need Mitrovic back on his feet as soon as possible to boost their chances of playing in Europe next term.
Fulham also need him back in top form, as he has scored just two goals in nine games since action resumed after the World Cup.
- Man United ready mega bid for Tottenham striker Harry Kane
- Tottenham director Fabio Paratici opens up on Conte’s exit, plays down search for replacement
- England Under-21s: 5 players who could break into the first team for Euro 2024
- Arsenal and Brentford want Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder Jesper Lindstrom
- Manchester City captain Ilkay Gundogan undecided about his future