Paris Saint-Germain have contacted AS Roma manager Jose Mourinho as pressure keeps mounting on Christophe Galtier, reports Fussball Transfers.
The Ligue 1 club have lost their last three games across all competitions. PSG are out of the Coupe de France after a 2-1 loss to Marseille last Wednesday.
They could also be eliminated from the Champions League after losing to Bayern Munich in the first leg of the round of 16 at Parc des Princes on Tuesday.
Elimination from the competition could seal Galtier’s fate, and PSG are eyeing potential replacements.
The club’s sporting advisor Luis Campos is in touch with his compatriot Mourinho.
They almost worked together at Tottenham Hotspur when the Roma boss tried to convince the club to hire him and could finally work together in France.
Les Parisiens fired their last three managers after they failed to win the Champions League.
Campos will be keen to bring in someone with an impressive track record in the competition if Galtier is sacked.
Mourinho won the elite continental competition with Porto and Inter Milan. He also won the Europa League with Manchester United and the inaugural Europa Conference League with Roma last term.
The 60-year-old has managed some of the best footballers ever to grace a pitch. He could be the one to bring out the best in this star-studded PSG side on the stage that matters the most to the owners.
Mourinho would reunite with the club’s second assistant coach Joao Sacramento if a move works out.
- Chelsea interested in signing Barcelona full-back Alejandro Balde
- Everton’s new stadium three months behind schedule, £760m costs to increase
- FPL Double Gameweek 29: Five low-priced players to watch including Man United and Chelsea stars
- Manchester City striker Erling Haaland in race to be fit for Liverpool game
- Napoli striker Victor Osimhen to miss AC Milan clash with injury