Premier League title hopefuls Arsenal and Manchester City will end the 2022/23 season level on points.
That’s according to the latest FiveThirtyEight data, which has backed the two sides to engage in an epic title battle.
Just three points separate the two sides heading into this evening’s blockbuster clash at the Emirates Stadium, although Arsenal have a game in hand on the reigning champions.
However. both sides are forecast to finish the campaign with 82 points, leaving the title to be decided on goal difference.
Man City are given the edge in that metric, with the data predicting they will have a 13-goal cushion by the end of the campaign.
The two sides are expected to pull clear of Manchester United in third place, with Newcastle United tipped to claim the final Champions League spot in fourth.
Brighton & Hove Albion have been forecast to end their excellent season by claiming fifth place ahead of Tottenham Hotspur.
The foot of the Premier League table paints a bleak picture for clubs on the south coast, with Southampton and Bournemouth tipped for relegation to the Championship.
Everton complete the trio of teams predicted to drop into the second tier despite their recent decision to appoint Sean Dyche as their manager.
The Toffees defeated Arsenal in Dyche’s first game in charge before producing a disappointing performance in their defeat against Liverpool.
Nottingham Forest and Leeds United have been tipped to finish four points ahead of Everton, with Wolverhampton Wanderers and West Ham United just above them.
The data predicts Aston Villa, Leicester City and Crystal Palace will end the season in the calm waters of mid-table to extend their time in the top flight.
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch