Fulham right-back Kevin Mbabu is reportedly very close to joining Swiss club Servette on loan for the remainder of the season.
According to The Athletic, the two clubs have reached an agreement and the 27-year-old is set to undergo his medical in Geneva.
The defender joined the Cottagers in the summer for an initial €5.5 million fee with an additional €2 million in add-ons.
However, he has failed to make an impact, starting just one game in the Premier League.
Manager Marco Silva has preferred Kenny Tete and Bobby de Cordova-Reid for the right-back position this season.
Mbabu’s first-team prospects suffered a further blow when Fulham signed Cedric Soares on loan from Arsenal last month.
The Switzerland international is now set to join Servette, where he started his career. He had left to join Newcastle United after making his senior debut at Stade de Geneve.
Fulham heading in the right direction under Marco Silva
The Cottagers have enjoyed an excellent season. They have lost against the top teams but have consistently picked up points against lower-ranked sides.
The London outfit have been particularly impressive after the mid-season break.
They have registered five victories from eight top-flight matches after the World Cup break to move up to seventh in the Premier League table.
Fulham are going in the right direction under Silva, who has brought about a considerable improvement. The Cottagers will now be hoping to secure European football for next season.
- ‘The boys gave everything’ – Graham Potter assesses Chelsea’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa
- Jurgen Klopp delivers damning assessment on Liverpool’s 4-1 defeat to Man City
- Preview: Everton vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Barcelona will play at the Estadi Lluis Companys next season with Camp Nou renovation on the cards
- Harry Kane targeting a century of goals for England