Jurgen Klopp has reportedly held talks with Real Madrid over becoming their next manager.
The German boss has done a solid job at Liverpool since joining the club in 2015.
However, there are doubts about his future following Liverpool’s disastrous season.
The Reds are unlikely to qualify for the Champions League as they are languishing in 10th place, 11 points behind the top four. They have also been knocked out of the Carabao Cup and FA Cup.
According to El Nacional, Klopp has held talks with Madrid about becoming their next manager.
Carlo Ancelotti has a contract at the Santiago Bernabeu until June 2024, but it is unclear whether he will stay beyond the summer.
Los Blancos president Florentino Perez is reportedly an admirer of the current Liverpool boss.
Klopp reportedly wants Madrid to sign Borussia Dortmund star Jude Bellingham. He is a great admirer of the England midfielder and has previously lavished praise on him.
He also wants the La Liga giants to make another attempt to sign Kylian Mbappe from Paris Saint-Germain.
The 55-year-old is currently contracted until 2026 at Anfield, but there has been speculation regarding his future on Merseyside.
Much will depend on whether Liverpool can salvage their season. A top-four finish is unlikely but not impossible.
The Premier League giants are still alive in the Champions League but face a challenging task against Madrid in the round of 16.
- AC Milan make up their mind on Sergino Dest
- Karim Adeyemi suffers injury setback ahead of crucial clash with Bayern Munich
- Man Utd, Chelsea and PSG interested in signing €50m midfielder
- Barcelona to negotiate with Atletico Madrid over transfer fee of Yannick Carrasco
- Barcelona interested in Malo Gusto before Chelsea transfer as right-back search continues