Super agent Jorge Mendes has reportedly offered his client Ruben Neves to Barcelona.
The Catalans are trying to sign a new midfielder to replace Sergio Busquets.
The 34-year-old’s future at Camp Nou is uncertain, with his current deal expiring in June 2023.
The former Spain international will likely leave the club in the summer.
According to Mundo Deportivo, Mendes has offered Neves to Barcelona.
The Portuguese has been impressive for Wolverhampton Wanderers this season, starting 20 Premier League matches and scoring five goals.
His contract at Molineux runs out in 2024, and Wolves will look to sell him in the upcoming transfer window if they fail to agree a new deal.
Xavi Hernandez wants to add a new midfielder but is not convinced Neves will be a good fit for them.
The Blaugrana boss is keen on Real Sociedad star Martin Zubimendi who has plenty of experience playing in the Spanish top flight.
The 24-year-old has been a key member for the Basque outfit over the last few seasons. He has made over 120 senior appearances after progressing through the youth ranks.
But Barca will have to pay his €60 million release clause to sign the midfielder. And considering their difficult financial situation, they are unlikely to avail that option.
Neves would be a cheaper option considering his contract expires in 2024. He has also previously hinted he wants to join Barca in the past.
- Chelsea interested in signing Barcelona full-back Alejandro Balde
- Everton’s new stadium three months behind schedule, £760m costs to increase
- FPL Double Gameweek 29: Five low-priced players to watch including Man United and Chelsea stars
- Manchester City striker Erling Haaland in race to be fit for Liverpool game
- Napoli striker Victor Osimhen to miss AC Milan clash with injury