Manchester United are keeping tabs on Royal Antwerp midfielder Arthur Vermeeren, according to the Daily Mail.
The 18-year-old Belgian is already valued at £20 million and is also on Newcastle United’s radar.
Some Premier League clubs are also monitoring Vermeeren after his impressive displays in the Jupiler Pro League.
Man United need to start preparing for the future, and recruiting quality youngsters is necessary.
Casemiro and Fred are 30 and 29, respectively, and are nearing the twilight of their career.
The Red Devils also need quality cover in defensive midfield and Vermeeren could be their man.
Despite his age, the youngster has recently established himself as a starter for Antwerp.
The Belgium youth international has featured in 10 league games this term.
He only made his senior team bow last August, but his appearances have continued to attract scouts across Europe.
The Red Devils are unlikely to part with £20m for a teenager yet to test himself in the Premier League.
However, they will continue to monitor his progress even if they fail to move for him in the summer.
Antwerp could struggle to hold on to Vermeeren for long if he keeps impressing.
They are third in the Belgium top flight after 24 games, and their academy graduate has been influential.
Vermeeren first came to prominence during the under-17 European Championships last May.
His stock has continued to rise, and Man United could face fierce competition for his services when they go for him.
The Old Trafford club are third in the Premier League after 22 games and could win their first trophy since 2017 when they face Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup final on February 26.
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch