Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing Crystal Palace centre-back Marc Guehi in the summer, reports the Daily Mail.
The north London club want two new central defenders ahead of next season.
There are doubts over Davinson Sanchez’s future at the club and Clement Lenglet’s loan spell ends in June.
Spurs are eyeing replacements and Guehi is top of their plans. The 22-year-old is out of contract at Selhurst Park in 2026, but £45 million could be enough to tempt them into doing business.
Guehi joined Palace from Chelsea in 2021 and has established himself as one of the best youngsters in the Premier League.
He has already made three appearances for the England national team. Three Lions manager Gareth Southgate had no place for Guehi in his World Cup squad last November, but he continues to keep tabs on him.
Spurs have struggled defensively this term, which could affect their chances of finishing in the top four.
They have shipped more goals (31) than any team in the top half of the Premier League table.
Guehi could come in to help improve them at the back. He has featured in 20 league games for the Eagles this season.
The Chelsea academy graduate played 36 league games last term and has remained a key player under manager Patrick Vieira.
Palace will be keen to hold on to Guehi, but a chance to move to a big club could be too tempting for him.
The Englishman has been brilliant despite the Eagles’ struggles this term, and more suitors will likely join Spurs in the race for his services.
- Chelsea interested in signing Barcelona full-back Alejandro Balde
- Everton’s new stadium three months behind schedule, £760m costs to increase
- FPL Double Gameweek 29: Five low-priced players to watch including Man United and Chelsea stars
- Manchester City striker Erling Haaland in race to be fit for Liverpool game
- Napoli striker Victor Osimhen to miss AC Milan clash with injury