AS Roma have announced that Nicolo Zaniolo has joined Turkish Super Lig club Galatasaray permanently.
The Italy international attacker joined the Serie A club in 2018 and featured in 128 games.
Zaniolo scored 24 goals and will now look to hit the ground running at his new club.
The transfer window in Turkey closed on February 8, and the attacker completed his move just in time last evening.
Zaniolo’s contract was due to expire in June 2024, and Roma were not ready to lose him for free.
Galatasaray parted with €16.5 million for the winger’s services, according to transfer expert Fabrizio Romano.
Roma could end up earning €29.5m from the deal as another €13m would be paid in add-ons if certain conditions are met.
Zaniolo signed a four-year deal and will earn €3.5m per season at the Nef Stadium.
A €35m release clause was included in the deal, which will give prospective suitors a chance to sign him in the future.
The 23-year-old will be keen to move to one of Europe’s top five leagues soon, and scouts will be watching him in Turkey.
Gala are top of the Super Lig after 22 games as they eye a first title since 2019.
Zaniolo won the Europa Conference League last term and will have eyes on more silverware.
A league title appears to be on the cards at his new club, and his impact should help them get over the line.
Roma have been linked with Isco as manager Jose Mourinho eyes a replacement for Zaniolo.
The former Real Madrid star is a free agent after his contract with Sevilla was terminated last December.
- Borja Iglesias and Yeremy Pino called up in place of injured Spanish stars Pedri and Gerard Moreno
- Didier Deschamps confirms Mike Maignan as France number one following Lloris retirement
- Spurs want £100m up front to sell Harry Kane to Man United
- Pedri suffers injury set back, could miss the next two games
- Tottenham Hotspur contemplate sacking Antonio Conte during the international break