Fery also accepted Olympique Marseille’s bid for the striker, who is the fourth-highest scorer in Ligue 1 with 12 goals.
He recalled a hectic January transfer window at his club last month that saw numerous transfer activities.
Despite West Ham’s interest, Moffi joined Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s INEOS-owned OGC Nice on an initial loan with an obligation to buy at the end of the season.
The Nigerian international was Les Merlus’ talisman and spearheaded their campaign but joined their Ligue 1 rivals.
Moffi debuted for Les Aiglons this weekend against Marseille. The 23-year-old impressed in his 73 minutes on the pitch but could not cap his outing with a goal.
Fery also spoke about the sale of Dango Ouattara to Bournemouth. The transfer move angered fans of the Ligue 1 club.
They felt that Bill Foley, who owns Bournemouth and Lorient, was using their team as a satellite club.
Fery assured them that it was not the case. He noted the club’s willingness to sell to West Ham, a relegation rival to Bournemouth.
He then took a dig at Nice’s pursuit of Moffi. He accused them of lacking respect in their chase of the 23-year-old.
West Ham did not lick their wounds for too long over Moffi. They signed experienced Premier League striker Danny Ings from Aston Villa for £12 million.
Ings suffered an injury on his debut for West Ham against Everton but returned to face Newcastle United last weekend.
West Ham manager David Moyes received another fitness boost today with Gianluca Scamacca returning to training.
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’
- Van Dijk leads Liverpool kids to League Cup glory
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide