Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has confirmed that Antony has suffered an injury.
The Red Devils face Leeds United at Old Trafford tomorrow and the Brazilian forward will miss the game.
Antony got hurt after a challenge from Jeffrey Schlupp in last weekend’s 2-1 win over Crystal Palace.
The tackle from the Ghana international sparked a melee that resulted in Casemiro’s dismissal.
The 22-year-old was withdrawn afterwards and appeared to be in some discomfort.
Man United will also be without Anthony Martial and Scott McTominay. The duo remain on the injury sideline.
Donny van de Beek and Christian Eriksen are long-term absentees after injuring their knee and ankle, respectively.
Casemiro’s red card will see him serve a three-match ban and he will be unavailable against the Whites.
Man United travel to Elland Road on Sunday to play Leeds again. The west Yorkshire club parted company with American manager Jesse Marsch yesterday.
They are 17th in the Premier League and will be looking to pick up results against the Red Devils.
Ten Hag’s side are third in the league table after an impressive run of form. They have lost just one of their last eight league games.
Man United have suffered just one league defeat at Old Trafford this term. They will fancy their chances against Leeds despite Antony’s absence.
Marcel Sabitzer replaced the Brazilian against Palace and could be handed his first league start.
The Austrian can play on the wings but could be deployed in the middle of the park with Casemiro unavailable.
- Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti questions overturned Marco Asensio goal following El Clasico loss
- PSG to stick with Christophe Galtier until the end of the season despite loss to Rennes
- Barcelona 2-1 Real Madrid: Player ratings as Catalans open 12-point gap at the top of La Liga following El Clasico win
- Axel Disasi called up to replace William Saliba in France squad
- Tottenham hold talks with Antonio Conte after Italian’s explosive rant