Leeds United majority owner Andrea Radrizzani has taken to Twitter to post an update on the club’s managerial search.
The Whites relieved Jesse Marsch of his duties on Monday after under a year in charge.
Leeds want a new manager in place very soon. Assistant manager Chris Armas and under-21 coaches Michael Skubala and Paco Gallardo are in charge for now.
The trio will act as caretakers for Wednesday’s Premier League game with Manchester United at Old Trafford.
Leeds play the Red Devils again on Sunday at Elland Road and could have a new man in charge. Radrizzani has revealed that an announcement could be made on Wednesday.
The Whites chairman replied when asked by a fan for an update:
Leeds have been linked with West Bromwich Albion manager Carlos Corberan.
However, their former assistant manager signed an extension with the Championship club on Tuesday evening.
Real Madrid Castilla head coach Raul Gonzalez is also on their radar.
He does not appear keen on taking the job and has reportedly knocked back their approach.
The 40-year-old can be classified as one of Marcelo Bielsa’s disciples, having played under him at Athletic Bilbao.
Iraola helped Rayo secure promotion in 2020-21, and they are currently fifth in La Liga after 20 games.
Going by Radrizzani’s post, Leeds have almost wrapped things up as far as a new manager goes.
Fans will be eagerly waiting for that ‘white smoke’ on Wednesday.
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Rasmus Hojlund to miss the Manchester derby in boost to City’s title chances
- Europa Conference League round of 16 draw: Ajax to face Aston Villa, Lille clash with Sturm Graz
- Europa League round of 16 draw: Liverpool land favourable tie, Brighton face Roma
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle – stats, team news, line-ups
- Armando Broja’s Chelsea future in doubt as Fulham loan goes pear-shaped