Raul is reportedly unsure about the timing as he does not want to join the wrong club or at the wrong time. He will bide his time and continue with the junior Madrid side.
Apart from the Premier League, the Los Blancos legend also has interest from Germany, where Xabi Alonso coaches Bayer Leverkusen.
Raul’s growth in charge of the young Madrid side has attracted the interest of Schalke, where he played and attained cult-hero status. Some clubs in La Liga are looking too.
He is doing remarkably well with his side, and they are unbeaten in their last 12 games. It is not only the results but how they get the results.
The higher-ups have been impressed by the work ethic and determination he has cultivated among his boys. He is preparing them well for the top flight, and a handful of them earned promotions to the first team recently.
Carlo Ancelotti is not afraid to give young players their turn and has called them up to train with the star-studded first team.
Raul is one of the top contenders to take over from the Italian manager when he leaves the club. Ancelotti’s son, Davide, is the favourite at the moment.
This Leeds job would have been an opportunity to test the waters of first-team management, but Raul has understandably declined.
Leeds’ form under Marsch was dire, with the club winless in seven games. They are dangling above the relegation zone and need a quick turnaround to beat the drop. The pressure is immense.
The Whites will likely turn to West Bromwich Albion’s Carlos Corberan. The Spaniard worked as Leeds’ under-23 boss before moving to the first team to assist Marcelo Bielsa.
However, the Baggies will not want to let go of Corberan after only four highly successful months in charge and will fight to hold on to their manager.
Consequently, Leeds are now keeping an eye on Rayo Vallecano boss Andoni Iraola.
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Rasmus Hojlund to miss the Manchester derby in boost to City’s title chances
- Europa Conference League round of 16 draw: Ajax to face Aston Villa, Lille clash with Sturm Graz
- Europa League round of 16 draw: Liverpool land favourable tie, Brighton face Roma
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle – stats, team news, line-ups
- Armando Broja’s Chelsea future in doubt as Fulham loan goes pear-shaped