Galatasaray have begun talks in a bid to sign AS Roma attacker Nicolo Zaniolo, reports transfer expert Fabrizio Romano.
The transfer window in Turkey does not close until February 8 and Gala want to move for the Italian.
The Serie A club want to sell the 23-year-old as his contract expires in June 2024.
Zaniolo’s time at Roma appears to have ended due to uncertainty surrounding his future. He has missed their last five games and is weighing up a move to Galatasaray.
The forward was linked with plenty of clubs in Europe’s elite leagues last month, but none could reach an agreement with Roma.
The Super Lig leaders are offering Zaniolo an opportunity as it appears he has fallen out of favour with manager Jose Mourinho.
He has scored two goals and assisted another one in 17 games across all competitions this season.
The Italy international scored netted two league goals last term, and it is understandable why Roma are open to selling him.
He is not likely to sign an extension with the Stadio Olimpico club. Selling him now is their best chance to get a decent fee.
Gala are challenging for the title since they last won it in 2018-19. Zaniolo will come in handy as they look to finish the season strongly.
He was involved in 14 league goals across his first two seasons with Roma and could replicate that form in Turkey.
Both clubs still have to thrash out the details of a deal which must happen before Wednesday ends.
- Chelsea interested in signing Barcelona full-back Alejandro Balde
- Everton’s new stadium three months behind schedule, £760m costs to increase
- FPL Double Gameweek 29: Five low-priced players to watch including Man United and Chelsea stars
- Manchester City striker Erling Haaland in race to be fit for Liverpool game
- Napoli striker Victor Osimhen to miss AC Milan clash with injury