Barcelona are reportedly interested in signing Villarreal defender Juan Foyth in the summer transfer window.
According to Sport, the Catalans are keen to strengthen at right-back and believe the 25-year-old is a good fit.
Hector Bellerin failed to make an impact at Camp Nou following his arrival last summer.
He joined Sporting Lisbon last month after making only seven appearances across all competitions.
Bara now have Sergi Roberto, Alejandro Balde, Jules Kounde and Ronald Araujo as right-back options.
However, Kounde and Araujo prefer to play as centre-backs while Balde has primarily been used on the left side of defence.
Foyth is contracted to the Yellow Submarine until June 2026, but the Catalans could secure a deal for the player in the region of €30 million.
Foyth is reportedly keen to join Xavi’s side, but it remains to be seen whether they will splash the cash to secure his services.
Quiet January window for Barca
Barca failed to sign any new player in the January transfer window. However, Memphis Depay and Bellerin left to join Atletico Madrid and Sporting respectively.
The La Liga club are still suffering from significant financial problems and will need to sell players to reduce their wage bill.
There have been suggestions they could be forced to sell one of their most prized assets in Ansu Fati.
Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal have all been credited with an interest in the 20-year-old prodigy.
- Tottenham to recall exiled star amid injury crisis
- Serie A Weekly: Derby d’Italia fails to live up the billing, Milan & Roma return to winning ways
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback
- Everton’s ten-point deduction puts Sean Dyche contract talks on hold
- The worst Premier League starts ever
- Gavi out for the rest of the season
- Celtic & Rangers top list of most expensive Champions League away days
- Jeremie Frimpong: Should Bayern or Man Utd take advantage of his €40m release clause?
- Tottenham join race for Man United target Jean-Clair Todibo