Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford has won the Premier League Player of the Month award for January 2023 – the first player to secure the prize more than once this season.
Rashford continued his scintillating form at the start of the year, netting three goals in four games for the Red Devils.
The 25-year-old scored in the 3-0 win over Bournemouth before a crucial late winner in the Manchester derby.
Rashford rounded the month with a super long-range strike against Arsenal – his first goal at the Emirates Stadium.
That strike earned him a nomination for the January Budweiser Goal of the Month award. It has been named United’s goal of the month for January.
It is the third time the England international has won the award in his career after picking up the prize in January 2019 and September 2022.
The attacker topped a seven-man shortlist, including Dan Burn, Brennan Johnson, Riyad Mahrez, Solly March, David Raya and Bukayo Saka.
Rashford has returned to form for United after netting only four goals in the Premier League last season.
He has bagged 18 goals in 31 appearances in all competitions and become the team’s talisman.
Rashford will hope to carry his excellent form into February. United have the Carabao Cup final against Newcastle United along with several other important matches.
They also face La Liga giants Barcelona in the Europa League, with league games against Crystal Palace, Leeds United (x2) and Crystal Palace wedged in between.
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’
- Van Dijk leads Liverpool kids to League Cup glory
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer