Manchester United want to sign Barcelona forward Ansu Fati, according to Spanish outlet Sport.
The Red Devils want a new striker in the summer and have been linked with Napoli hitman Victor Osimhen.
Man United have a couple of players on their radar, including the Barca academy graduate.
Fati’s agent Jorge Mendes has a solid working relationship with the Red Devils.
However, the 20-year-old will not be in a rush to leave his boyhood club.
Fati has struggled to force his way back into the club’s starting XI since returning from injury.
The Spain international started 11 of the 13 La Liga games he played in 2019-20.
His debut campaign in Blaugrana colours ended with seven goals and one assist.
The two seasons that followed produced eight goals, with fitness problems limiting him to 17 league games.
Fati has started seven league matches this term, with his other 12 appearances off the bench.
He has three goals and three assists and has not been able to hit the heights from his debut campaign.
Robert Lewandowski, Ousmane Dembele and Raphinha are ahead of Fati in manager Xavi’s pecking order.
He could be open to an exit if that does not change, but he would not walk straight into Man United’s starting XI either.
The Barca sensation has the potential to become a world-beater, but signing him will be a massive gamble on the Red Devils’ part.
Plenty can happen between now and the summer transfer window, and suitors will undoubtedly continue to monitor his situation.
- AC Milan target Montpellier youngster as possible Rafael Leao replacement
- Aleksandar Mitrovic and Marco Silva face extra FA charges, lengthy bans likely
- Ryan Mason most likely to be in charge of Spurs until end of season as club look to sack Conte this week
- Nottingham Forest midfielder Lewis O’Brien seals loan move to D.C United
- Lazio line up replacement for Arsenal target Sergej Milinkovic-Savic