Leicester City have completed the signing of Tete on loan from Shakhtar Donetsk until the end of the current campaign, subject to international clearance.
Off the back of a decent loan spell with French outfit Lyon where he racked up eight goals and seven assists in 26 league matches, Tete says he is pleased to have joined Leicester.
“I’m really happy to be here,” Tete told LCFC TV.
“I’ve had a look at the pitch and the stadium, it’s beautiful and I can already imagine what it’ll be like with a lot of fans – I hope they’ll all be happy to see me play.
“I hope to score a lot of goals and assists. I’m happy to be a Fox.”
Tete is Leicester’s second signing of the January window following the earlier arrival of Victor Kristiansen from FC Copenhagen.
However, Leicester are far from done with their winter business as they remain keen on landing Jack Harrison from Leeds United, while a new centre-back is also being targeted amid the uncertainty regarding Caglar Soyuncu’s future.
Leicester ended a three-game winless run by securing progress into the fifth round of the FA Cup courtesy of a narrow 1-0 victory over Walsall yesterday.
The Foxes are next in action on Saturday with a trip to Aston Villa in the Premier League where Tete will be poised to make his debut.
Sitting just a point above the drop zone, Leicester are eager to move further clear of relegation danger following a relatively underwhelming first half of the 2022-23 season.
- Simone Inzaghi could leave Inter Milan in the summer, Thiago Motta a potential replacement
- Harry Redknapp avails himself for a return to Spurs as an aide to Ryan Mason
- Barcelona to take further legal action as they risk losing Gavi for free in the summer
- Bayern set condition to sign Joao Cancelo permanently
- Arsenal set to face MLS All-star team coached by Wayne Rooney in US summer tour