Liverpool centre-back Ibrahima Konate could miss up to three weeks due to a hamstring injury, reports The Athletic.
The France international picked up the knock during last weekend’s FA Cup defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion.
Scans have confirmed that Konate could be unavailable for selection for the next two to three weeks.
The 23-year-old will miss the league games against Wolverhampton Wanderers and Everton. Konate could also miss out on the game against Newcastle United.
It remains to be seen whether he will be back in action when Liverpool take on Real Madrid in the first leg of the Champions League round-of-16 tie.
The Reds are also without Virgil van Dijk, who picked up a hamstring problem against Brentford on January 2.
Jurgen Klopp’s side have struggled across all competitions this term and are currently ninth in the Premier League.
Van Dijk has been tipped to be fit by mid-February, and his absence has been hugely felt. Konate joining him on the injury sidelines is a massive blow.
Liverpool are 10 points off the top four, and injuries are the last thing they need right now.
Klopp has Joe Gomez, Joel Matip and Nat Phillips as his primary centre-back options. Holding midfield duo Fabinho and Jordan Henderson can also play there.
The Reds are also currently without Luis Diaz, Arthur Melo, Roberto Firmino and Diogo Jota.
They are yet to sign any player this month and are not planning on doing business today.
Liverpool risk missing out on playing in Europe next season, and injuries have been a major reason.
- ‘The boys gave everything’ – Graham Potter assesses Chelsea’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa
- Jurgen Klopp delivers damning assessment on Liverpool’s 4-1 defeat to Man City
- Preview: Everton vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Barcelona will play at the Estadi Lluis Companys next season with Camp Nou renovation on the cards
- Harry Kane targeting a century of goals for England