Everton have tabled a £45 million bid for Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher, reports transfer expert Fabrizio Romano.
The Toffees recently announced the arrival of Sean Dyche as their next manager and are looking to bolster his squad.
Everton are ready to pay £40m up front to land the 22-year-old, with £5m to come as add-ons.
However, the final decision lies with the player, with plenty of clubs keeping tabs on him.
The Goodison Park club are looking to escape relegation, and they could do with quality signings this month.
Whether a central midfielder is what they need right now remains to be seen.
They have struggled for goals, but Gallagher could help them from the middle of the park.
The Englishman has a goal and an assist in nine Premier League games this term.
He scored eight league goals and weighed in with three assists during a loan spell with Crystal Palace last season.
Gallagher’s strong defensive contributions and abilities would come in handy for Dyche.
However, joining a team fighting for survival might not exactly be appealing to him.
The Eagles have also been linked with an interest, and he could prefer them.
Everton have cash to splash this month from the look of things, but they need to buy the right players.
They have lost Anthony Gordon to Newcastle United and are looking to bring in Rennes winger Kamaldeen Sulemana.
There is very limited time in the transfer window for them to get deals done and they must move quickly in the coming hours.
- ‘The boys gave everything’ – Graham Potter assesses Chelsea’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa
- Jurgen Klopp delivers damning assessment on Liverpool’s 4-1 defeat to Man City
- Preview: Everton vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Barcelona will play at the Estadi Lluis Companys next season with Camp Nou renovation on the cards
- Harry Kane targeting a century of goals for England