The Primeira Liga club are planning for life without Pedro Porro, and the Spanish man has emerged as an option.
Porro has been linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur, with talks ongoing between both clubs.
The Sporting right-back is expected to join the north London club before Tuesday’s transfer deadline.
As a result, the Portuguese top-flight club are exploring the market for a possible replacement.
Bellerin is open to a move, but Sporting and Barca are not in contact yet.
The 27-year-old joined the La Liga club last summer as a free agent.
He has only started one league game this season, coming off the bench two times. Bellerin has played four games across other competitions.
The former Arsenal star is firmly behind Jules Kounde, Sergi Roberto, Alejandro Balde and Ronald Araujo in the pecking order.
He has just six months left on his contract at the Camp Nou club. Barca could be open to letting Bellerin go to balance the books.
Barca have struggled with their finances for a while, and getting some cash from a potential sale would come in handy.
Getting the right-back off their wage bill would also go a long way.
Bellerin could struggle to replace Porro at Sporting due to many reasons.
The Spurs-linked Spaniard has scored two goals and claimed six assists in 14 league games this season.
Sporting need a player with a similar return in recent seasons if Porro leaves.
However, Bellerin has bagged just four league assists since the start of 2019-20.
Nevertheless, playing regularly could bring out the best in the former Real Betis loanee.
The Portuguese club are ready to take the punt on him, and it will be fascinating to see how things go.
- Serie A Weekly: Derby d’Italia fails to live up the billing, Milan & Roma return to winning ways
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback
- Everton’s ten-point deduction puts Sean Dyche contract talks on hold
- The worst Premier League starts ever
- Gavi out for the rest of the season
- Celtic & Rangers top list of most expensive Champions League away days
- Jeremie Frimpong: Should Bayern or Man Utd take advantage of his €40m release clause?
- Tottenham join race for Man United target Jean-Clair Todibo
- Referee admitted penalty decision against Wolves was wrong, rages Gary O’Neil after Fulham defeat