Nottingham Forest are reportedly set to sign Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Keylor Navas.
The 36-year-old is struggling for minutes with PSG. He has made only two senior appearances this season, with Gianluigi Donnarumma as the Parisians’ number-one keeper.
The Costa Rica international is open to leaving the Ligue 1 giants in search of more first-team opportunities.
Several clubs have been credited with an interest in securing his services, including Al-Nassr. However, the former Real Madrid star wants a move to the Premier League.
According to The Athletic, Nottingham Forest are in advanced talks with PSG over signing Navas.
The Tricky Trees suffered a big blow when Dean Henderson picked up an injury in their 2-0 victory against Leicester City earlier this month.
The Manchester United loanee is now set to be sidelined for up to five weeks, forcing Forest to look for a replacement.
They have already signed Danilo, Gustavo Scarpa and Chris Wood in the January transfer window as they attempt to stay in the Premier League for next season.
Their impressive performances after the 2022 World Cup have lifted them to 13th place in the table. But they are still only four points above the relegation zone.
- Barcelona to take further legal action as they risk losing Gavi for free in the summer
- Bayern set condition to sign Joao Cancelo permanently
- Arsenal set to face MLS All-star team coached by Wayne Rooney in US summer tour
- Roma open to Tammy Abraham departure with Aston Villa keen
- Barcelona and Bayern Munich tracking Bundesliga sensation Florian Wirtz