Arsenal attacker Gabriel Martinelli has agreed a new four-and-a-half-year deal with the club, according to The Athletic.
Martinelli’s current contract runs until June 2024, but the club had a two-year option.
However, they have agreed new terms with the in-form attacker which will tie him to the club until 2027.
Martinelli has been on fire for Arsenal this season, bagging seven goals and two assists.
The 21-year-old is one of the many reasons the north London club are top of the table and on course to win their first league title in 19 years.
Martinelli’s stock has risen because he is now more of a consistent threat. His non-stop style causes problems for defences.
He has battled niggling and long-term injuries to become a crucial part of manager Mikel Arteta’s side.
Martinelli is a success story for sporting director Edu Gaspar who signed him from fourth-tier Brazilian side Ituano after only a handful of first-team appearances.
He has gradually grown into a top-class performer delivering superb performances week in and week out.
Martinelli has netted 25 goals and 16 assists for Arsenal since joining the club in 2019. He is now a Brazil international, earning six caps for the Selecao.
He has his future ahead of him and will likely be his best days.
- Arsenal set to face MLS All-star team coached by Wayne Rooney in US summer tour
- Roma open to Tammy Abraham departure with Aston Villa keen
- Barcelona and Bayern Munich tracking Bundesliga sensation Florian Wirtz
- Southampton ready to make £10m move for Celtic winger Liel Abada
- Napoli slap €150 million price tag on Manchester United and Chelsea target Osimhen