Everton are keeping tabs on Real Madrid assistant manager Davide Ancelotti, according to the Daily Mail.
Marcelo Bielsa remains the Toffees’ first choice to replace the sacked Frank Lampard.
The Argentine has flown into the country to hold face-to-face talks with Everton owner Farhad Moshiri.
However, there are no guarantees that the club can convince the former Leeds United boss due to his demands.
If a move for Bielsa falls through, the Merseyside club are ready to move for Ancelotti Jr.
Davide and his father Carlo Ancelotti have worked together since 2016, and he was with the Madrid manager at Everton.
The club are keen to hold talks with the 33-year-old and are preparing to formally approach the La Liga club.
Ancelotti Jr was part of his father’s backroom team at Bayern Munich and Napoli.
The former Paris Saint-Germain fitness coach and Duncan Ferguson used to take charge of training sessions at Finch Farm.
He also often led pre-match warm-ups while at Everton and could be open to a return.
However, his lack of experience as the main man in charge could work against him.
Appointing Ancelotti Jr while at the risk of relegation could backfire for the Toffees.
Everton are looking for their eighth manager since the British-Iranian businessman took over in 2016.
They cannot afford to gamble with such an appointment given their precarious position at the bottom of the table.
The Toffees are in 19th place having won just three of their 20 league games. They have lost 11 matches and drawn the remaining six.
- ‘The boys gave everything’ – Graham Potter assesses Chelsea’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa
- Jurgen Klopp delivers damning assessment on Liverpool’s 4-1 defeat to Man City
- Preview: Everton vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Barcelona will play at the Estadi Lluis Companys next season with Camp Nou renovation on the cards
- Harry Kane targeting a century of goals for England