The United States international is one of several options being considered by the Whites.
The Elland Road club want to bolster their midfield ranks during the January transfer window.
McKennie has been linked with a couple of Premier League clubs in recent weeks, and Leeds are the latest.
However, whether the 24-year-old is open to swapping Juventus for a club regularly struggling for survival is unknown.
The Old Lady have been docked 15 points after an investigation into their former transfer dealings.
Juve are currently tenth in the Serie A table as a result, and that could see the American opt to leave.
While Leeds are not a big club compared to some of his other suitors, the chance to link up with his fellow compatriots could be appealing.
The Peacocks’ American contingent consists of manager Jesse Marsch and midfield duo Brenden Aaronson and Tyler Adams.
Leeds are just a point above the relegation places after winning four games in 19 fixtures.
They could do with adding a quality enforcer in midfield this month. McKennie’s versatility is well-documented, which could come in handy for Marsch.
The former Schalke 04 man can play across the midfield, defence and front line, and Leeds should do all they can to get a deal done.
- AS Roma chief offers update on Chris Smalling’s contract situation amid Inter Milan links
- Andoni Iraola turns down chance to become Leeds manager
- Atlanta United confirm the signing of Georgios Giakoumakis from Celtic
- Emir of Qatar wants £4.5bn Man United takeover as major UEFA rule change eyed
- Tottenham could sign Ben Foster as emergency cover amid Hugo Lloris blow