The United States international is one of several options being considered by the Whites.
The Elland Road club want to bolster their midfield ranks during the January transfer window.
McKennie has been linked with a couple of Premier League clubs in recent weeks, and Leeds are the latest.
However, whether the 24-year-old is open to swapping Juventus for a club regularly struggling for survival is unknown.
The Old Lady have been docked 15 points after an investigation into their former transfer dealings.
Juve are currently tenth in the Serie A table as a result, and that could see the American opt to leave.
While Leeds are not a big club compared to some of his other suitors, the chance to link up with his fellow compatriots could be appealing.
The Peacocks’ American contingent consists of manager Jesse Marsch and midfield duo Brenden Aaronson and Tyler Adams.
Leeds are just a point above the relegation places after winning four games in 19 fixtures.
They could do with adding a quality enforcer in midfield this month. McKennie’s versatility is well-documented, which could come in handy for Marsch.
The former Schalke 04 man can play across the midfield, defence and front line, and Leeds should do all they can to get a deal done.
- Postecoglou confirms huge injury blow for Tottenham ahead of Crystal Palace clash
- FA Cup quarter-final TV picks confirmed, ITV will show headline fixture between Man Utd and Liverpool
- Preview: Man City vs Man United – stats, team news, line-ups
- Crystal Palace shareholder John Textor slams Premier League financial rules
- Conor Gallagher determined to stay at Chelsea despite contract stand-off and Tottenham interest
- Eric Dier makes permanent switch to Bayern Munich from Tottenham
- Premier League manager of the month nominees for February revealed
- Paul Pogba receives four-year ban for doping
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild