Forgotten Chelsea midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko is edging closer to joining Turkish club Adana Demirspor, according to Calciomercato.
Bakayoko, who is currently on loan with the reigning Serie A champions AC Milan, has only played ten minutes of a competitive match since January last year.
He has been deemed surplus to requirement by his parent and loan clubs. However, Demirspor have offered him an escape route and will sign the former AS Monaco man.
Chelsea have been working on terminating his contract which would allow the player to travel to Turkey and finalise his move.
The 28-year-old will sign a three-year contract worth €3 million per year plus a signing bonus with Demirspor, who is sixth in the Turkish top flight.
Bakayoko was one of the shining stars of the Monaco squad that won the 2016 Ligue 1 and reached the Champions League semi-finals.
Bakayoko returned to Milan in 2021 on a two-year loan from the Blues but failed to force his way into Stefano Pioli’s first-team plans.
He made 18 appearances across all competitions last season, but things have since gone from bad to worse as he is yet to make an appearance this term.
Milan have the option to make Bakayoko’s loan move permanent, but Pioli seems unimpressed by the Frenchman and does not consider him part of his plans.
Bakayoko is close to finally sealing a permanent move away from Chelsea this month.
A fresh chapter in Turkey could be what he needs to restart a career that has been plagued by injuries and inconsistency.
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Rasmus Hojlund to miss the Manchester derby in boost to City’s title chances
- Europa Conference League round of 16 draw: Ajax to face Aston Villa, Lille clash with Sturm Graz
- Europa League round of 16 draw: Liverpool land favourable tie, Brighton face Roma
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle – stats, team news, line-ups
- Armando Broja’s Chelsea future in doubt as Fulham loan goes pear-shaped