Nicolo Zaniolo’s future appears to lie far away from AS Roma, who have decided to cash in on him in January.
The Giallorossi have dropped the Italian forward from their squad and are waiting for offers from suitors.
Several reports claim that Tottenham Hotspur are leading the race for Zaniolo. The north Londoners have proposed a loan deal with a buy option.
However, talks are at rudimentary stages as Milan have not met Roma’s valuation.
The Italian capital outfit want between €35-€40 million, while Milan are willing to take Zaniolo only on loan with an option of a permanent transfer based on the Champions League qualification or a select number of appearances.
The Rossoneri are only offering around €22m, and Roma are steadfast in their price tag.
Zaniolo presents a great opportunity for Milan. Stefano Pioli admires his profile and is in the market for attacking reinforcements following a sluggish run of results in recent weeks.
Roma manager Jose Mourinho recently revealed that Zaniolo is up for sale but only for suitable offers.
The Portuguese boss also insisted that the Italian youngster could play again for the Giallorossi if there weren’t any concrete offers.
- AS Roma chief offers update on Chris Smalling’s contract situation amid Inter Milan links
- Andoni Iraola turns down chance to become Leeds manager
- Atlanta United confirm the signing of Georgios Giakoumakis from Celtic
- Emir of Qatar wants £4.5bn Man United takeover as major UEFA rule change eyed
- Tottenham could sign Ben Foster as emergency cover amid Hugo Lloris blow