Gunners manager Mikel Arteta wants to strengthen his squad ahead of the second half of the 2022-23 Premier League campaign.
The league leaders want to bring the 20-year-old France international to the Emirates Stadium, but Madrid’s stance is unknown.
Camavinga has found playing time hard to come by at the Spanish capital this season.
The former Rennes midfielder has started just five La Liga games this season and has come off the bench 11 times.
He has started another six games across other competitions, playing three times off the bench.
Camavinga would love to play more regularly, and Arsenal could offer him that chance. They are challenging on three fronts and need quality cover in the position.
Granit Xhaka and Thomas Partey are Arteta’s first-choice midfield pairing, with Mohamed Elneny and Albert Sambi Lokonga providing cover.
Injury to one of the starting defensive midfielders will deal a massive blow to Arsenal’s title chances.
Arteta is not ready to take any chances, and he knows having Camavinga would come in handy.
Signing a new midfielder is a long-term priority for Arsenal, with West Ham United ace Declan Rice a top target for the summer.
They want one midfield signing this month and getting a loan deal for Camavinga would be huge.
Madrid could refuse to let the highly talented youngster leave on loan this month given his importance.
Carlo Ancelotti knows he is a solid option off the bench, and losing him could hurt his side’s chances in the La Liga title race.
- How Brighton could line-up in Athens with Lamptey and Fati injured
- Galatasaray 3-3 Man United: Battle of Istanbul ends in stalemate
- Ten Hag drops Varane again – is a Man United exit imminent?
- Al-Ittihad target former Liverpool director Julian Ward to bolster Salah bid
- Liverpool pair Alisson & Diogo Jota to miss at least five games through injury
- Chelsea to pull Andrey Santos from awful Forest loan – what’s next for the young Brazilian?
- Tottenham to recall exiled star amid injury crisis
- Serie A Weekly: Derby d’Italia fails to live up the billing, Milan & Roma return to winning ways
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback