Trossard has already agreed personal terms with the Gunners, with talks advanced between both clubs.
Arsenal missed out on a deal to sign Mykhailo Mudryk and have set their sights on the Belgian forward.
Mikel Arteta needs to strengthen his squad this month to boost Arsenal’s title chances.
Trossard is Brighton’s current highest goalscorer in the Premier League this term, with seven strikes in 16 games.
The former Genk star notched 18 league goals and weighed in with 11 assists in his first three seasons at the Amex Stadium.
He would help Arsenal improve the final third, and landing him would be huge.
With Gabriel Jesus currently out injured, Trossard’s expected arrival will be a massive boost.
His versatility and finishing are qualities Arteta needs in his forwards if the title is to be won.
The lack of quality squad depth in attack threatened Arsenal’s title credentials, but signing Trossard would put the minds of the manager and fans to rest.
The north Londoners are currently eight points clear at the top of the table after 18 games. They must stay consistent over the next 20 fixtures to win their first title since 2004.
A couple of key signings this month will make a world of difference, and the addition of Trossard would be massive.
- Galatasaray open official talks to sign AS Roma star Nicolo Zaniolo
- Sean Dyche heaps praise on Everton fans following victory over Arsenal
- Jamie Carragher rips into Matip and Gomez as Wolves tear Liverpool apart in 3-0 rout
- Ten Hag criticises ‘inconsistent refereeing’ after Casemiro sees red in Palace clash
- Ian Wright reacts as Arsenal suffer second league defeat to Everton