As per Fabrizio Romano, the Italians will meet the Portuguese star’s agents in the next few days to present an improved offer after talks reached an impasse toward the end of 2022.
Leao has never hidden his ambition to continue with the Rossoneri, but a lack of financial muscle has put a dent into the club’s hopes of renewing the in-demand forward’s deal.
Milan are now ready to give the 23-year-old around €7 million net salary per season, including add-ons, to tie him down to a new contract that would make him the club’s highest earner.
Several clubs from the Premier League have set sights on Leao, with Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain also emerging as potential suitors for the versatile forward.
It’s no wonder Milan are hellbent on keeping hold of their star man, considering he has already tallied nine goals and nine assists in 24 competitive appearances this season.
Rossoneri chief Paolo Maldini holds Leao in high esteem, but Jorge Mendes could prove a stumbling block, as the Portuguese super-agent may find foreign bids too tempting to resist.
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback
- Everton’s ten-point deduction puts Sean Dyche contract talks on hold
- The worst Premier League starts ever
- Gavi out for the rest of the season
- Celtic & Rangers top list of most expensive Champions League away days
- Jeremie Frimpong: Should Bayern or Man Utd take advantage of his €40m release clause?
- Tottenham join race for Man United target Jean-Clair Todibo
- Ljungberg: Arsenal title challenge in trouble with key stats not in their favour
- Referee admitted penalty decision against Wolves was wrong, rages Gary O’Neil after Fulham defeat