The Toffees are enduring a challenging period and are in the relegation zone following a miserable run in the top flight.
They are struggling to score goals and want to bring in a new striker this month in a bid to survive in the Premier League.
The Merseyside club are very keen on signing Ings and made a loan enquiry.
However, their attempts were rebuffed as manager Unai Emery is only open to letting the forward leave on a permanent deal.
Wolves are also in the market for attacking reinforcements and are interested in the English footballer.
They are fighting for survival under new manager Julen Lopetegui, and signing Ings could boost their hopes.
The Premier League transfers list shows that Wolves have already signed Matheus Cunha on loan from Atletico Madrid.
Ings is a proven goalscorer
The 30-year-old joined Aston Villa in 2021 and has since made 52 senior appearances.
He is a proven Premier League goalscorer, netting on 67 occasions in 186 appearances. His current contract at Villa Park expires in 2024.
However, with Ollie Watkins suffering an injury in yesterday’s match against Leeds United, Villa could be unwilling to let Ings leave this month.
- Lewis O’Brien close to joining West Brom on loan from Nottingham Forest
- PSG continue talks with Inter over Skriniar’s transfer in January, Zenit’s Malcom on the radar
- Tottenham Hotspur reach agreement to sign Pedro Porro
- Nottingham Forest set to sign PSG goalkeeper Keylor Navas
- Marseille sign Azzedine Ounahi from Angers