Chelsea have reportedly agreed a €100 million deal for Shakhtar Donetsk star Mykhailo Mudryk.
Arsenal appeared to be the most likely destination for the 22-year-old who was their top target in the winter transfer window.
However, the west London giants have sensationally hijacked the Gunners’ move for the Ukrainian star.
Mudryk has also reportedly agreed personal terms with Chelsea and will sign a multi-year contract with the English club.
The Ukrainian outfit had maintained that they would only sell Mudryk for around €100m and they have now hit that price.
Big blow for Arsenal
Mudryk was Arsenal’s main target this month. After their first bid was rejected, they submitted another offer which was also turned down.
However, the Gunners remained in discussions with Shakhtar, and it was expected they would ultimately get a deal over the line.
The player was keen to move to the Emirates Stadium, but Chelsea entered the race and sensationally hijacked their move for the winger.
Arsenal are desperate to add a new forward in this transfer window to maintain their title push in the second half of the season.
Mudryk, who impressed with his performances in the Champions League group stage this season, was a perfect option for them.
The news could be a big blow to Arsenal’s hopes of hanging onto top spot in the Premier League.
- Man Utd, Arsenal & Tottenham keen to sign Barcelona prodigy Ansu Fati
- Galatasaray open official talks to sign AS Roma star Nicolo Zaniolo
- Sean Dyche heaps praise on Everton fans following victory over Arsenal
- Jamie Carragher rips into Matip and Gomez as Wolves tear Liverpool apart in 3-0 rout
- Ten Hag criticises ‘inconsistent refereeing’ after Casemiro sees red in Palace clash