Mauricio Pochettino is reportedly keen to become Chelsea manager if Graham Potter is sacked.
Potter is currently under enormous pressure at the Blues after a miserable run has seen them drop down to 10th in the Premier League.
The Blues suffered a 4-0 thrashing against Manchester City last weekend, which means they have now won only one of their previous seven matches in all competitions.
Potter, who only took charge of the club in September, appears to be in danger of losing his job at Stamford Bridge.
According to The Sun, Pochettino would be keen to take over Chelsea if Potter is sacked.
The former Tottenham Hotspur manager has been out of work since being dismissed by Paris Saint-Germain last summer.
The Argentine boss did a phenomenal job at Spurs, leading them to the 2019 Champions League final.
Potter should be given some time
Potter should be given some time to revive the fortunes of Chelsea.
The Blues’ performances have been hugely disappointing, but he shouldn’t be wholly blamed.
Injuries have played a big part, with around ten players on the treatment table.
They have Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang on their books, but the 33-year-old has been disappointing.
- Sean Dyche heaps praise on Everton fans following victory over Arsenal
- Jamie Carragher rips into Matip and Gomez as Wolves tear Liverpool apart in 3-0 rout
- Ten Hag criticises ‘inconsistent refereeing’ after Casemiro sees red in Palace clash
- Ian Wright reacts as Arsenal suffer second league defeat to Everton
- Mikel Arteta defends his Arsenal side following Everton defeat