Chelsea manager Graham Potter issued negative news during his press conference today regarding injuries to Christian Pulisic and Raheem Sterling.
The pair suffered injuries in Chelsea’s game against Manchester City and are now out of action. However, there was better news about another player.
“Christian (Pulisic) is a couple of months, we think. Raheem is less, hopefully, less than that.”
The injury will come as a blow to the United States star. Pulisic’s time in London has been punctuated by injuries that have hindered his progress.
The Portuguese international will try to provide a spark for a team devoid of creativity.
Chelsea’s season has been a shambles. They have overspent on players who have underperformed on the pitch.
Manchester City sent the Blues packing from both domestic cup competitions, and they have not won any of their last seven games in all competitions.
Injuries have not helped their cause with N’Golo Kante, Wesley Fofana, Ben Chilwell, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, and Pulisic among the players sidelined.
Sterling, Edouard Mendy and Mateo Kovacic have also been out at various points. Things are difficult, especially with a new manager coming in and under pressure to deliver.
However, Potter will try to find the formula to drag the team into the top four before the end of the campaign after the club’s heavy spending.
- AS Roma chief offers update on Chris Smalling’s contract situation amid Inter Milan links
- Andoni Iraola turns down chance to become Leeds manager
- Atlanta United confirm the signing of Georgios Giakoumakis from Celtic
- Emir of Qatar wants £4.5bn Man United takeover as major UEFA rule change eyed
- Tottenham could sign Ben Foster as emergency cover amid Hugo Lloris blow