Reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano has claimed the Blues are admirers of the English footballer.
However, the Dutch outfit have already sold Gakpo this winter and are reluctant to lose another important player.
PSV’s asking price would likely be around €35 million, but sealing a deal will be complicated even if Chelsea meet the valuation.
Madueke had a spell at Tottenham Hotspur as a youngster before moving to the Netherlands in 2018.
He has been impressive at PSV, making 79 appearances for the club.
Chelsea in the midst of a busy January transfer window
The Blues have struggled in the Premier League this season. They are 10th in the table, with just 25 points from 17 matches.
Chelsea’s situation is shocking considering they spent a club record £273 million (including add-ons) in the summer transfer window.
Wesley Fofana, Kalidou Koulibaly, Marc Cucurella and Raheem Sterling all arrived at Stamford Bridge in big money transfers last summer.
Despite their spending splurge, the Blues have also been very active in the January transfer window.
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’
- Van Dijk leads Liverpool kids to League Cup glory
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad