Reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano has claimed the Blues are admirers of the English footballer.
However, the Dutch outfit have already sold Gakpo this winter and are reluctant to lose another important player.
PSV’s asking price would likely be around €35 million, but sealing a deal will be complicated even if Chelsea meet the valuation.
Madueke had a spell at Tottenham Hotspur as a youngster before moving to the Netherlands in 2018.
He has been impressive at PSV, making 79 appearances for the club.
Chelsea in the midst of a busy January transfer window
The Blues have struggled in the Premier League this season. They are 10th in the table, with just 25 points from 17 matches.
Chelsea’s situation is shocking considering they spent a club record £273 million (including add-ons) in the summer transfer window.
Wesley Fofana, Kalidou Koulibaly, Marc Cucurella and Raheem Sterling all arrived at Stamford Bridge in big money transfers last summer.
Despite their spending splurge, the Blues have also been very active in the January transfer window.
- AS Roma chief offers update on Chris Smalling’s contract situation amid Inter Milan links
- Andoni Iraola turns down chance to become Leeds manager
- Atlanta United confirm the signing of Georgios Giakoumakis from Celtic
- Emir of Qatar wants £4.5bn Man United takeover as major UEFA rule change eyed
- Tottenham could sign Ben Foster as emergency cover amid Hugo Lloris blow