The draw for the FA Cup fourth round was made on Sunday, and the two Manchester clubs have been handed home ties.
Manchester City defeated Chelsea 4-0 at the Etihad Stadium and will now play the winners of Monday’s FA Cup game between Oxford United and Arsenal.
The Gunners, who have won a record 14 FA Cup trophies, are expected to prevail over Oxford to set up a blockbuster clash between the top two Premier League teams.
Meanwhile, Reading boss Paul Ince will take his side to Man United to play against his former club.
The Red Devils beat Everton 3-1 over the weekend and will fancy their chances of defeating the Championship outfit.
Brighton & Hove Albion will host Liverpool or Wolverhampton Wanderers after thrashing Middlesbrough 5-1 in the third round.
Tottenham Hotspur, who sealed a narrow 1-0 victory over Portsmouth, have been drawn against Preston North End.
Stevenage shocked Aston Villa 2-1 in the previous round and will now face Stoke City, while Sheffield Wednesday play Fleetwood Town after beating Newcastle United.
FA Cup fourth-round draw
Preston North End v Tottenham Hotspur
Southampton v Blackpool
Wrexham v Sheffield United
Ipswich Town v Burnley
Manchester United v Reading
Luton Town or Wigan Athletic v Grimsby Town
Derby County v West Ham United
Stoke City v Stevenage
Blackburn Rovers v Forest Green or Birmingham City
Walsall v Leicester City
Sheffield Wednesday v Fleetwood Town
Manchester City v Oxford United or Arsenal
Bristol City or Swansea City v Chesterfield or West Bromwich Albion
Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool or Wolverhampton Wanderers
Fulham v Sunderland
Boreham Wood or Accrington Stanley v Cardiff City or Leeds United
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Rasmus Hojlund to miss the Manchester derby in boost to City’s title chances
- Europa Conference League round of 16 draw: Ajax to face Aston Villa, Lille clash with Sturm Graz
- Europa League round of 16 draw: Liverpool land favourable tie, Brighton face Roma
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle – stats, team news, line-ups
- Armando Broja’s Chelsea future in doubt as Fulham loan goes pear-shaped