Paris Saint-Germain centre-back Marquinhos will sign a contract extension with the club soon, according to Les Parisiens.
Marquinhos is the club captain and is eager to continue with them. His current deal expires at the end of next season, and the club wants to renew it.
Former PSG sporting director Leonardo started the talks, and current sporting advisor Luis Campos is now close to sealing the deal.
PSG recently completed the contract extension of Marco Verratti, and Marquinhos is next in line. The club is trying to secure its key personnel.
The Brazilian’s performances this season have been shaky and not up to their usual standards, but the club is keeping faith in him.
Marquinhos first broke through the Corinthians youth system before joining AS Roma on a season-long loan. The Italians decided to keep him permanently, but PSG had seen enough.
PSG paid €31.4 million to Roma for the teenage defensive talent in 2013. He became one of the most expensive young defenders in the world as he signed a five-year deal.
There are still a few details to sort out, but the negotiations are progressing well. They are still trying to decide if the deal will run until 2026 or 2027.
After Marquinhos, PSG have a tough decision to make with Sergio Ramos. The Spaniard is approaching the twilight of his career, and the club are yet to decide whether to renew his deal or let him walk for free.
- Galatasaray open official talks to sign AS Roma star Nicolo Zaniolo
- Sean Dyche heaps praise on Everton fans following victory over Arsenal
- Jamie Carragher rips into Matip and Gomez as Wolves tear Liverpool apart in 3-0 rout
- Ten Hag criticises ‘inconsistent refereeing’ after Casemiro sees red in Palace clash
- Ian Wright reacts as Arsenal suffer second league defeat to Everton