Sassuolo midfielder Davide Frattesi remains a top target for AS Roma, who came close to signing him last summer.
The Italian midfielder also revealed that he had dreamt of joining the Giallorossi before the deal collapsed at the last moment.
Recent reports suggest that Jose Mourinho is keen on luring Frattesi to the capital club in January as he aims to have a formidable squad for the second half of the season.
The Neroverdi CEO Giovanni Carnevali has weighed in on the growing speculation, stating that the club have no intention of selling Frattesi in the January transfer window.
He also revealed that Roma are not alone in the race, as clubs from Premier League have submitted offers for Frattesi.
“We have an excellent relationship with the Giallorossi, but we also have requests from the Premier League,” Carnevali told Sky Sport Italia.
“We don’t want to sell players like Frattesi in this market session – to date, we are more attentive to purchases than to sales.”
West Ham United were previously credited with an interest in the 25-year-old, but it remains to be seen they are still in the race.
Sassuolo value Frattesi around €30 million, but Roma are reportedly looking to include players as makeweights in the deal.
Roma may look towards Torino midfielder Sasa Lukic as an alternative if they fail to sign Frattesi in January.
Mourinho’s men have received a welcome boost to their midfield, with Georginio Wijnaldum on the verge of returning to action after missing nearly the entire first half of the season with a fractured tibia.
- How Brighton could line-up in Athens with Lamptey and Fati injured
- Galatasaray 3-3 Man United: Battle of Istanbul ends in stalemate
- Ten Hag drops Varane again – is a Man United exit imminent?
- Al-Ittihad target former Liverpool director Julian Ward to bolster Salah bid
- Liverpool pair Alisson & Diogo Jota to miss at least five games through injury
- Chelsea to pull Andrey Santos from awful Forest loan – what’s next for the young Brazilian?
- Tottenham to recall exiled star amid injury crisis
- Serie A Weekly: Derby d’Italia fails to live up the billing, Milan & Roma return to winning ways
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback