Kylian Mbappe and Neymar are set to feature from the off for Paris Saint-Germain in their clash against RC Strasbourg later today, according to L’Equipe.
Despite getting to the final of the recently-concluded World Cup, Mbappe wasted no time in reporting for duty with his current employers which earned him praise from head coach Christophe Galtier.
“Kylian has had a great World Cup – this return is a strong signal to everyone,” Galtier said to PSGTV (h/t L’Equipe).
“He is a player that could have been disappointed not to lift the most beautiful of trophies, even if he was the top scorer in the World Cup.
“He wanted to come back quickly, be in contact with the group and prepare for the matches that are coming quickly – we are very happy to see him.”
After 45 days of league inactivity due to the World Cup break, PSG will resume Ligue 1 duty on home turf tonight and they are set to field a strong squad.
Alongside Mbappe, Neymar will also be given a starting role as he looks to put behind him a heartbreaking outing with Brazil in Qatar, where the Selecao suffered a quarter-final exit at the hands of Croatia.
Both of the aforementioned players have registered a combined 34 goal involvements in the league and will be looking to pick up where they left off.
As two of PSG’s prime attacking options prepare to return to action, Lionel Messi will not play any part as the 35-year-old continues to enjoy his World Cup triumph in his native homeland.
However, the seven-time Ballon d’Or winner is expected back in the French capital early next year and could play a part in Les Parisiens’ Coupe de France knockout clash against third-tier Chateauroux on January 6.
- Pep Guardiola denies City’s reliance on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?