Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag was full of praise for Marcus Rashford off the back of his impressive performance in Tuesday’s 3-0 victory over Nottingham Forest.
Aiming to pick up where they left off in the Premier League before the World Cup break, United flew out of the blocks and claimed a two-goal lead heading into half-time thanks to strikes from Rashford and Anthony Martial.
The Red Devils were also the dominant force in the second half and should have put the game to bed before Fred came off the bench to seal the deal.
Shortly after opening the scoring from a clever corner-kick routine, Rashford turned provider for Martial to double his side’s lead and take his tally of goal contributions to 17 for club and country this term.
Consequently, the 25-year-old was lauded post-match by his manager, who believes there is still more to come from him as the season progresses.
“It’s my job to make the team perform and make the individuals perform – to bring them in their best position, also mentally bring them in the best mood, so I try to do my best every game,” Ten Hag was quoted as saying by United’s official website.
“There is still room for improvement from Marcus, but this one [performance] was at a good level and he’s unstoppable.
“If he keeps in this spirit, this focus, I am sure the process will keep going and he’ll score more goals and get more assists.”
Following their most recent victory, Man United have moved within one point of Tottenham Hotspur in the race for a top-four finish, while they also have a game in hand on their London counterparts.
Having racked up four straight competitive victories, the 20-time English champions will now seek to conclude 2022 on a winning note when they visit Molineux to tackle Wolverhampton Wanderers on New Year’s Eve.
- How Brighton could line-up in Athens with Lamptey and Fati injured
- Galatasaray 3-3 Man United: Battle of Istanbul ends in stalemate
- Ten Hag drops Varane again – is a Man United exit imminent?
- Al-Ittihad target former Liverpool director Julian Ward to bolster Salah bid
- Liverpool pair Alisson & Diogo Jota to miss at least five games through injury
- Chelsea to pull Andrey Santos from awful Forest loan – what’s next for the young Brazilian?
- Tottenham to recall exiled star amid injury crisis
- Serie A Weekly: Derby d’Italia fails to live up the billing, Milan & Roma return to winning ways
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback