Arsenal have made a formal bid for Shakhtar Donetsk star Mykhailo Mudryk, according to reports.
The Gunners suffered a big blow after Gabriel Jesus picked up a serious injury during the World Cup. The Brazilian will be sidelined for around two months.
Eddie Nketiah is currently serving as their main centre forward in the absence of Jesus. However, they still need reliable goalscorers.
According to The Athletic, Arsenal have made a formal bid for the 21-year-old. However, their offer is some way short of Shakhtar’s asking price.
The Premier League outfit made a €65 million offer for the winger, with €40m up front and €25m in potential add-ons.
However, the Ukrainian club reportedly want €100m for the forward.
Mudryk’s stock has increased recently after his impressive start to the 2022-23 season.
The talented winger made six appearances in the Champions League, contributing three goals and two assists. He also netted seven goals in 12 Premier Liga appearances.
Arsenal’s first bid of €65m shows they are very serious about landing the Ukrainian player. Mudryk has also made it clear that he would entertain a move.
It looks likely that the Gunners will be able to secure a deal for the winger. However, the English club may not go as high as €100m for him.
- Pep Guardiola denies City’s reliance on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?