Mikel Arteta’s side are now being regarded as genuine title contenders. However, they need to bring in reinforcements in the January transfer window to keep their title push in the second half of the campaign.
The Gunners need a central midfielder to ease the burden on Granit Xhaka and Thomas Partey.
Recent reports have linked them with a move for Juventus star Adrien Rabiot and we believe that the Frenchman would be an excellent signing for Arsenal.
Arsenal should secure deal for Rabiot
Rabiot enjoyed an impressive World Cup campaign for France. The 27-year-old made six appearances in the prestigious tournament and played a pivotal role in helping Les Bleus reach the final.
He contributed a goal and an assist in Qatar and also averaged 2.0 tackles, 1.7 interceptions and 0.8 clearances per game.
Unfortunately, Didier Deschamps’ side lost the final match on penalties to Argentina.
Arsenal have also been linked with Aston Villa’s Douglas Luiz and Leicester City’s Youri Tielemans. However, they will likely have to spend a substantial amount to secure a deal.
Rabiot would be a cheaper alternative for the Gunners. His current contract expires next summer and Juventus are open to selling him for only £13.5 million in January (as per The Times).
Arsenal need reinforcements in several areas especially in attack, with Gabriel Jesus ruled out for around two months due to a knee injury.
And the Spanish boss is unlikely to have a lot of funds available for new recruits in January, making Rabiot a cost-effective option.
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten run at Villa Park
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?