The 20-year-old impressed with the United States at the World Cup and has attracted the interest of top European clubs.
Inter have been tracking Musah and would love to bring him to the San Siro. While Gennaro Gattuso wants to keep the midfielder, Valencia will sell if a massive offer arrives.
Club chief Peter Lim is notorious for selling players for low prices. The Nerazzurri might take advantage to sign the youngster.
Valencia are holding out for a fee of around €40 million for their star midfielder. They know he is crucial in their ambitions of qualifying for European competition.
He has a contract until 2026, and the club are in no rush to sell an asset that may appreciate.
Musah arrived from Arsenal in 2019 after years in the Gunners’ youth system and struggled to make his mark after being played out of position.
He was used as a right-winger for most of his early days at Valencia, but the arrival of Gattuso this summer changed things.
The AC Milan legend returned Musah to midfield and played him in a box-to-box role where he excelled.
US coach Gregg Berhalter played Musah alongside Tyler Adams in a midfield pivot at the World Cup. The pair were instrumental in their run to the round of 16.
Musah does not have a league goal but has created three big chances. His strengths lie in his ability to drive his team forward, evade the press and bring the ball to attackers in dangerous areas.
In Simone Inzaghi’s 3-5-2 system, he could replace one of Nicolo Barella and Hakan Calhanoglu with Marcelo Brozovic sitting deep.
Inter would like to take Musah before the competition intensifies next summer.
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’
- Van Dijk leads Liverpool kids to League Cup glory
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad