The Gunners are aiming to bolster their attack during the January transfer window. It has become more of a priority after the knee injury sustained by Gabriel Jesus.
The Brazilian is out for action for another 10 weeks at least and the club definitely need a quality signing this winter to compete with Eddie Nketiah for the striker role.
It was recently reported that the Gunners are favourites to sign Joao Felix and Mundo Deportivo now claim that they have already knocked on the door of Ajax for Kudus.
The Ghanaian has had a superb season for club and country thus far. He was valued around €17 million last summer, but Ajax are now looking for €45m to sell him.
Kudus’ versatility would hugely benefit Arsenal
The 22-year-old started his career as a central midfielder, but he has been playing higher up with Ajax.
Kudus has featured as an attacking midfielder or as a striker for the Dutch champions this season. When it comes to Ghana, he has operated from the right-wing regularly.
His immense versatility would be hugely beneficial for the Gunners. Kudus could fill in multiple positions and would provide the club with a goalscoring presence.
In the current campaign, Kudus has accumulated 10 goals and two assists at club level. He also scored a couple of goals for Ghana during the World Cup group phase.
Kudus is playing with plenty of confidence behind him and would be a useful signing for the Gunners even if they go ahead and sign Felix on a short-term loan deal.
Ajax are a tough club to negotiate with and Arsenal may have to meet the price tag to land Kudus next month.
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Rasmus Hojlund to miss the Manchester derby in boost to City’s title chances
- Europa Conference League round of 16 draw: Ajax to face Aston Villa, Lille clash with Sturm Graz
- Europa League round of 16 draw: Liverpool land favourable tie, Brighton face Roma
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle – stats, team news, line-ups
- Armando Broja’s Chelsea future in doubt as Fulham loan goes pear-shaped