Serie A champions AC Milan are interested in Chelsea defender Malang Sarr, who is currently on loan at AS Monaco.
According to Mediafoot, he is not part of Monaco head coach Phillippe Clement’s plans.
Sarr joined Monaco on loan from the Premier League club last summer but has struggled to make an impact.
Monaco are not planning for any blockbuster arrivals in January but will try and move on two players – Sarr and midfielder Jean Lucas.
Sarr joined Chelsea in 2020 from OGC Nice. Despite emerging as a starter in his early days at Nice, he suffered stagnation at the club.
Patrick Vieira played him as a left-back, and he struggled in the position.
Sarr went on loan to FC Porto immediately after signing for Chelsea. The 23-year-old got game time, but his performances were not good enough to convince Sergio Conceicao of a permanent starting berth.
He returned to Chelsea for the 2021/22 season and got some game time under Thomas Tuchel. Again, his performances were not good enough to keep him in the starting XI.
Sarr joined Monaco this season for game time, and things have not gone according to plan. He looks set to return to the London club in January.
Serie A giants AC Milan are looking for defensive options in the market, and Sarr is one of the names on their list. Directors Paolo Maldini and Ricky Massara have had an eye on Sarr for a while and might decide to seize this opportunity to sign him.
A six-month loan to the Milan club might help Sarr reestablish himself after struggling during his return to France.
However, he might also struggle in Italy. It will be hard to dislodge Fikayo Tomori, Simon Kjaer and Pierre Kalulu. Even fourth-choice defender Matteo Gabbia would be ahead of him in the pecking order.
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’
- Van Dijk leads Liverpool kids to League Cup glory
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer