Manga will join the Championship club with a remit to steer them into the Premier League and help provide stability.
The former Fortuna Dusseldorf midfielder also oversaw Frankfurt’s 2018 DFB-Pokal win. He is an exciting capture for the Hornets.
Manga made his name at TSG Hoffenheim and VfB Stuttgart before joining Die Adler under Fredi Bobic. He first worked as a chief scout before his promotion to Director of Professional Football at the Waldstadion where he oversaw recruitment and squad planning.
The former Equatorial Guinea international star and his staff have already begun work at the Colney training ground.
Helena Costa will also join the club as head of scouting, and other appointments will follow.
Despite being born in Bata, Equatorial Guinea, Manga played most of his career in Germany. The 48-year-old has German citizenship.
Manga had a deal with Eintracht until 2026, but both parties decided to terminate it. The former midfielder requested to leave, and the club granted his request. He officially left the club on November 30.
“Ben has done exceptional work in his role as chief scout over the last few years and has played a major part in our success,” said Frankfurt board member for sport Markus Krosche upon Manga’s departure.
“That deserves our absolute respect and recognition. Six and a half years are a long time in football. That makes it all the more important that his departure is amicable and respectful.
“The same goes for all our colleagues in the scouting department who will leave us as part of this process. We thank them all for the good working relationship and wish them all the best for the future.”
- Bundesliga Weekly: Dortmund & Leverkusen share the spoils, Leipzig re-enter the title race
- Man United to ratify Sir Jim Ratcliffe stake purchase next week
- Newcastle’s top four hopes take huge hit with Nick Pope out for five months
- Stats prove Man City’s Rodri has been far better than Arsenal’s Declan Rice this season
- Manchester City’s title defence gets tougher as Arsenal and Liverpool soar
- Euro 2024 Power Rankings – Who are the early favourites in Germany?
- FA Cup third round draw: Arsenal face Liverpool, Tottenham host Burnley
- European Championship 2024 draw: England, Scotland, France & Germany discover group stage opponents
- Can Salah close the gap on Haaland in the Premier League Golden Boot race?
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager