The draw for the quarter-finals of the Carabao Cup has been carried out.
Following an exciting set of last 16 games, just eight teams remain. The most high-profile fixture came at the Etihad Stadium, as Manchester City defeated holders Liverpool in a thrilling 3-2 victory.
Local rivals Manchester United are the only other ‘big six’ side still in the competition, having beaten Burnley on Wednesday.
Leicester City, Newcastle United, Southampton, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Nottingham Forest are also still standing.
Meanwhile, Charlton Athletic are the last non-Premier League side remaining. The League One outfit pulled off a shock in the last round, knocking out Brighton and Hove Albion on penalties.
Charlton’s reward for their upset was a trip to Old Trafford, as they will face Man United. This will be the first meeting of the two sides for almost 16 years.
As for Man City, they were drawn away to Southampton. The pair faced each other back in October at the Etihad Stadium, with the Cityzens comfortably winning 4-0.
The ties are set to be played on the week commencing January 9, 2023.
Full Carabao Cup quarter-final draw
Manchester United vs Charlton Athletic
Southampton vs Manchester City
Nottingham Forest vs Wolverhampton Wanderers
Newcastle United vs Leicester City
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten run at Villa Park
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?