Shakhtar Donetsk’s vice sporting director Carlo Nicolini has confirmed that Arsenal are interested in signing Mykhaylo Mudryk during the January transfer window.
Speaking to Calciomercato.it, Nicolini has now said that Mudryk has to show up for the training camp in Antalya on January 9 alongside several other teammates.
He added that there is interest from the Gunners in signing the Ukraine international, but Shakhtar have not received any official transfer bids for the 21-year-old.
He said: “Mudryk has received the message, like other players, to show up for Antalya training camp on January 9. There is interest from Arsenal for him, but we’ve not received official bids.”
Arsenal likely to make January approach for Mudryk
The Gunners were linked with the Ukrainian towards the end of the summer transfer window, but a deal did not materialise due to the €50 million valuation set by Shakhtar.
The club have now doubled their price tag on the back of Mudryk’s splendid displays across all competitions. The winger has ten goals and eight assists from 18 outings this term.
Arsenal are planning a winter approach for his services, but a transfer could depend on Shakhtar lowering their transfer demands for the highly-rated attacker.
The Gunners are unlikely to pay a club-record sum for his signature. However, it was recently claimed that they could offer around €46m plus add-ons which appears to be a realistic figure.
If there is no room for negotiations, the club could look elsewhere to bolster their attack. Aside from a winger, the board could also pursue a new striker after Gabriel Jesus’ knee injury.
A defensive midfielder could be another priority for January. On that basis, the club are unlikely to break the bank to land Mudryk next month unless the price tag is significantly lowered.
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Rasmus Hojlund to miss the Manchester derby in boost to City’s title chances
- Europa Conference League round of 16 draw: Ajax to face Aston Villa, Lille clash with Sturm Graz
- Europa League round of 16 draw: Liverpool land favourable tie, Brighton face Roma
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle – stats, team news, line-ups
- Armando Broja’s Chelsea future in doubt as Fulham loan goes pear-shaped