The Andalusian outfit provided Isco with an escape route after he became an outcast at Real Madrid over the last few years.
Former manager Julen Lopetegui was key behind Isco’s free transfer last summer, as they had worked together at Santiago Bernabeu and the Spanish national team.
However, Isco’s time at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan didn’t pan out the way he would have wanted to.
The Spanish playmaker had a heated argument with sporting director Monchi during training last week, causing their relationship to deteriorate.
Rumours have subsequently circulated that the 30-year-old would leave Rojiblancos with immediate effect.
Isco joined Sevilla to get his career back on track with the guidance of Lopetegui, but both are no longer at the club.
There appears to be a big chance for a reunion again, with Lopetegui reportedly interested in signing him for Wolverhampton Wanderers.
The Spanish manager took charge of Wolves after he was sacked by Sevilla in October.
Lopetegui is looking for reinforcements in January. Having already secured a deal for Atletico Madrid striker Matheus Cunha, the Spaniard has now set his sights on Isco.
Jorge Sampaoli will be hoping that Isco’s departure will not affect the performances on the pitch, with the club going through a rough patch at the moment.
The Andalusian club are reportedly closing in on a move for Rennes defender Loic Bade, who is currently on loan at Nottingham Forest.
The 22-year-old Brazilian defender will replace Marcao, who has been sidelined with a thigh injury.
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten run at Villa Park
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?