Bournemouth and Chelsea’s American owners are hoping to add Belgian clubs to their portfolio, according to HLN.
Eupen and Kortrijk have been touted as possible clubs to purchase, but nothing is set in stone.
Qatar’s Aspire Zone Foundation (AZF) already purchased Eupen and may not be keen to resell, while Kortrijk belongs to Chinese-Malaysian business mogul Vincent Tan.
The two Premier League outfits are looking to acquire sister clubs to help develop their players.
Bill Foley recently took over Bournemouth with his partnership a month ago and is already pushing to purchase Ligue 1 club FC Lorient.
Chelsea’s new co-owner Todd Boehly recently praised the multi-club model and explained why many owners are implementing this model at the SALT Conference in New York.
The LA Dodgers co-owner explained that multi-clubs help train and develop players at a high level. Clubs can send players out and not leave the development of their players to strangers.
Clubs such as RB Leipzig and RB Salzburg send their young talents to New York Red Bulls, RB Bragantino, RB Brasil and FC Liefering.
Bigger clubs can keep an eye on talents developing at sister clubs. They get the opportunity to sign them before other clubs.
An example is Leipzig securing Salzburg’s Slovenian talent Benjamin Sesko ahead of Chelsea and Manchester United.
Manchester City’s owners, City Football Group, have also used the multi-club network system.
They own New York City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F. Marinos, Girona FC, Mumbai City FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu, Club Bolivar, Palermo FC, Lommel SK and Esperance Sportive Troyes Aube Champagne (ESTAC).
- Pep Guardiola denies City’s reliance on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?